Možnosť platiť kultúrnymi poukazmi
Order Mangabook here:
Order T-shirt here:
Order emblems here:
Download posters here:
Frequently asked questions
1. What is AnimeSHOW?AnimeSHOW is an international festival about anime, comics, manga, games and Japanese culture. It is the newest member of the CS and IC family.
2. What is your relation to Xagnam Animeshow?Absolutely none. It's a different event.
3. What is IstroCON?IstroCON is an international festival about sci-fi, fantasy, horror and card & board games.
4. What is Comics SALON?Comics SALON is an international festival about comics, manga, anime, games and Japanese culture.
5. What is comics?Comics is a sequence of the pictures that gives the sense, some idea or a story. We distinguish between European comics, American comics and Japanese comics (manga). There are also the different movements within, such as mainstream, underground, artistic etc. All of the aforementioned are comics.
Many people are mistaken and consider only the drawn stories about familiar American super-heroes to be comics.
Comics are all the cartoon stories regardless of difference in genre, drawing style or country of origin.
6. What is manga?Manga is a Japanese term for comics. It is a sub-group of comics, a comics in its own right.
7. What is anime?Anime is an animated movie based on comics.
8. How can I buy a ticket?A ticket can be bought in pre-order in Brloh stores in Slovakia or on the web, or at the location of the festival.
9. Will it be possible to buy a ticket on the spot?Yes, it will.
10. How can I order an accomodation?Please email us and we will try to help you.
11. How does the pre-order process in BRLOH work?In a ‘Brloh’ store, it is possible to pay cash or with culture tickets for the entrance tickets and also for the accommodation.
12. How does the pre-order process on the web work?You may order on the web, then you will receive an e-mail, and pay the cost according to the e-mail. Unpaid reservations are not counted in and will be discarded.
13. Is it possible to pay for the tickets with culture tickets?No.
14. Why can't I take a dog or another pet to AS, CS and IC?The building that is CS held does not allow pets to be brought into its premises, visitors violating this rule will be banned. This rule is valid since 2003, when two people were banned from Istrocon 2003.
15. Who do I have to talk with to ask something about AS, CS and IC?There is an icon "contact" in the left menu. Just send an e-mail to the first contact.
16. Where is the AS program?There is an icon "program" in the left menu. Click on that icon and you’ll discover an Excel sheet with the program, if it has been released already.
17. Can you please send me the programme or something else by e-mail?No, we can not, sorry. The program and other information are always published on the web on time, and we really do not have the time to answer everyone personally. The program is on the web, available for download (see previous question).
18. Why does AS even exist and what is its goal?AnimeSHOW wishes to spread and popularize the so called pop-culture of comics, anime, manga, games and Japanese culture. It wants also to dispose of prejudice and intolerance within the general populace and to introduce it to this kind of culture. One of the main goals is the support of Slovak authors and the publicity of their artworks.
19. What does AS have to do with CS and Istrocon?It is the member of the family IC and CS. It focuses mainly on the goals of CS and is here to make the waiting for next CS and IC more pleasant.
20. When will be the next AS?13 and 14th march 2009.
21. When will be the next CS and IC?September 12th, 13th and 14th, 2008.
22. Why do the organisers even do AS, CS and IC?Most likely, they are crazy enough to do this work for free for others in order to amuse them and to help the authors and artists in Slovakia.
23. What do I have to do to cooperate with AS, CS and IC?I contact the organizers using the contact on the web.
24. How will I know where which salon is?I look at the map or watch the arrows on the walls.
25. What is the purpose of pre-registration to the competitions on the web?Except for the computer competitions, registration is mandatory and you are not allowed to compete without it, because it is necessary to prepare for the competition in advance. In case of computer competitions it is not mandatory, but it gives you an option to reserve a place in the competition. In case of insufficient capacity, registered competitors will have the privilege of taking part in the competition.
26. What od I have to do after the pre-registration to some tournament?I will come to the place of the selected tournament and confirm my presence.
27. When are the game tournaments played?As specified in the program, right after the registration is finished.
28. What are the prizes for the competitions?Nice and valuable, for sure. It is useless to ask the people that organize the tournament on site, we do not publish the list of prizes in advance.
29. Where is the map of the festival?You receive it together with the program at the entrance, also, there are large maps on each floor.
30. Are there any additional floors on the festival?Yes, there are two floors. Look at the map that you got at the entrance.
31. What will happen if I buy a ticket using pre-order?You approach the pre-order table at the place of the festival, there you will receive a ticket.